Emerald Law delivers a detailed immigration service that is guaranteed to give you the best possible chance of securing a UK Visa for anyone looking to move to the UK. As these procedures can be quite confusing and complicated, We will make sure your application is complete with all the supporting evidence on your behalf. We will work with the Home Office every step of the way to completion. If a previous application was denied, talk to one of our immigration solicitors to help you with your appeals process. The main areas of immigration law that we focus on, include:

Working visa

Employment documents are essential if you want to work in the UK. You can only apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK; this visa lasts you around 3 years. Usually, your employer or sponsor will check if you qualify for a visa and hand you over a certificate of sponsorship to prove this. Bear in mind a working visa comes with a Home Office fee beginning at £610 depending on the length of the visa required.

Study visa

A Tier 4 (general) is a student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over. Before you can apply for this visa you need to have been offered a place on a course in the UK. It’s important you know how to speak, read, write and understand English and have enough money to support yourself. The Home Office fee for this application is currently £348 to apply for this visa from outside the UK. How long you can stay depends on the kind of course you’re doing, the length of your course and what study you’ve already completed.

Partner visa

You can only apply as a partner if you are over 18 and your partner is either a British citizen or has permanently settled in the UK. You will need to prove that you are in a civil partnership or marriage or planning to do so within 6 months of arriving and you have lived together for at least 2 years before applying. Furthermore, you need sufficient funds to support yourself and have a good knowledge of the English language. This visa will last up to 2.5 years and can be extended.

Visit visa

A visit visa can allow you to stay in the UK for up to 6 months and costs you £95 for a 6-month visa. You’ll be granted this visa for any leisure or permitted business-related activities.  You can also receive visit visas to enable you to marry in the UK or receive private medical treatment. 


Any EEA or Swiss citizen has the right to reside in the UK as do their family members. Due to Brexit, you will have to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme before 30th of June 2021 if you wish to stay in the UK.


How can Emerald Law help?

At Emerald Law, we ensure that all Immigration matters are dealt with professionally and as efficiently as possible. Our team of specialist solicitors have vast knowledge in all aspects of Immigration Law, and you are guaranteed to receive accurate advice, and quality results.
Our expert team of solicitors will review your case and contact you to discuss this further. If you wish to instruct us to act on your behalf, we will provide you with a detailed client care letter for your review.  Once signed and returned, we will begin working on your application. We will keep you informed on the progress of your application and if successful let you know.
There are many ways you can get in touch with us to start your claim. You can call us, email us, or fill out the above contact form! Request a FREE callback today.